Build the Future with us!
We build relationships. We build Communities. We build the Future. At Lindsay Construction, we have been growing the communities of Atlantic Canada for over 60 years and we want you to join us! Be part of something great and feel the impact you make on the community you live in.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for assisting to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the Finance and Management Information Service areas of Lindsay Construction. The Accounts Payable Clerk will work cohesively with the Finance team and will be responsible for accounts payables and other accounting duties as delegated by the Corporate Controller.
Here’s why we think you’ll love working at Lindsay:
- Flexible working hours throughout the year (early “Lindsay Fridays”)
- Competitive salary
- Annual Incentive Plan
- Employee Health Benefits
- Group RRSP with 4% matching
- On-site gym facilities and an annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Frequent social and community-based events
- Opportunities to collaborate closely with senior personnel and other departments
Here’s what your day-to-day looks like:
- Enter supplier and subcontractor accounts payable invoices into the system and file unpaid and paid invoices
- Answer accounts payable phone calls and faxes and reconcile supplier/subcontractor statements
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare the daily deposit for banking purposes
- Prepare monthly entry for credit card payment
- Assist with preparation for audits
- Assist with filling the role of receptionist as needed
Our ideal candidate has the following:
- Ability to keep current on software changes
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, suppliers, sub trades, and members of the business community
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to formulate possible results based on different scenarios
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, decision making, and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to reprioritize tasks according to timelines
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or related discipline is preferred
- Experience in all aspects of accounting is preferred
- Experience using Jonas Accounting Software is preferred
How to Apply:
Please use the link provided to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.