Position: Architectural Design and Production Manager
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information, please visit our website at: www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Director of Pre-Construction, the Architectural Design and Production Manager is responsible for supervising a multi-disciplinary design and technical team while overseeing all design and pre-construction production. The Architectural Design & Production Manager works closely with other departments to develop innovative and creative concepts for design-build projects. This opportunity is ideal for an individual with proven leadership experience, keen attention to detail, and has an interest in making an impact on a growing company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with project teams to develop proposal drawings/renderings are of the highest standards to ensure winning proposals, in the timeframe required.
- Confirm building code analysis and energy code analysis are performed.
- Collaborate with estimating and operations teams to ensure design content matches project budget and scope requirements.
- Ensure design professionals are engaged and design meetings are held on a timely basis.
- Ensure design standards are being communicated and followed; maintain standards with strong attention to detail.
- Manage department employees, including but not limited to performance management, onboarding new employees, facilitating new employee training, coaching and mentorship.
- Ability to write, or assist with the writing of effective proposals, while properly describing the proposed structure/architecture.
- Ability to prepare construction drawings and specifications for Lindsay Design-Build projects.
- Contribute to all corresponding bids and construction phase activities providing technical expertise for the project team.
- Responsible for site data collection, conceptual through final design, construction observation, assistance with specification writing, and conducting Building Condition Assessment studies.
- Confirm the required construction documentation required for projects; coordinate project teams' efforts to produce such documentation.
- Lead and participate in the development of design alternatives, using a multitude of media, including hand-drawing, computer visualization, and digital models.
- Client Relationship Management.
What we are looking for:
As the successful candidate, you will have a bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or a diploma in Architectural Technology combined with a minimum of 7 years of experience working in an architectural or engineering firm. You will have experience leading multi-disciplinary teams and technical staff with the ability to provide technical advice, guidance and direction to clients and project teams. You will have design experience, including building code analyses, building energy code analyses, schematic design, development of construction documents with a technical team, construction administration, observation, and costing. Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, among other imaging software is an asset as well as LEED AP Designation.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume, in confidence, to email@example.com. Please reference “Architectural Design and Production Manager NS210422” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.