Position: Architectural Technologist
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work. Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information, please visit our website at: www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the Architectural Technologist is responsible to work within Lindsay Construction’s Engineering and CAD Department, providing design support for construction projects. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work intimately with our project teams from concept to completion of a wide range of projects!
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assemble and coordinate sets of construction documents for all disciplines
- Participate in field reviews as needed
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements and other technical documents and reports
- Prepare drawings in Revit or AutoCAD
- Prepare specifications and assist with cost estimates and listings of quantities of material from conceptual drawings
- Research and select material and product
- Assist with the preparation of concepts and presentation materials for proposals
- Liaise with Estimating and Operations teams to develop scopes of work
- Collaborate on larger scale project pursuits where external design services are required
- Participate in the establishment of project drawing milestone dates
- Provide feedback to project lead with respect to the ability to maintain the requested schedule, and in particular the information required to stay on schedule
- Maintain electronic storage of drawing files and create both paper and electronic documents for the project team
- Prepare drawings under the supervision of the project team, ensuring that all relevant structural reviews, code reviews, and overall project intent is represented in the drawings
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Completion of a 2- 3 year college program in Architectural Technology or a related field through provincial associations of Architectural or Engineering/Applied Science Technologists and Technicians, such as C.Tech or P.Eng.
- 1-3 years of experience in an architectural practice
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, Sketchup, and Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Excellent analytic, written and oral communication skills
- Superior knowledge of building science and construction techniques
- Familiarity with National Building Code of Canada
- Experience with a wide range of illustration and rendering software is an asset
All applications are strictly confidential.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Architectural Technologist NS210715” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.