Position: BIM/Revit Technician
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work. Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information, please visit our website at: www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the BIM/Revit Technician is responsible to work within Lindsay Construction’s Engineering and CAD department, providing BIM services and support for Pre-Construction activities and construction projects with our regional operations teams. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work intimately with our project teams from concept to completion on a wide range of projects and will help to create and shape the future of the company in this new role!
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare BIM execution plans for selected proposals and projects with an appropriate level of detail
- Control the creation of new models and the quality of BIM deliverables
- Plan and coordinate the training required by the team based on BIM capacity
- Identify the needs of shared interdisciplinary parameters and plan for model integration
- Establish the schedule for interface detection reviews
- Scrutinize models provided by designers and incorporate sub-trade models and revise for planning and production on selected projects
- Produce and/or alter models for use during preconstruction and construction phases
- Produce construction drawings
- Produce quantity take-off reports
- Generate site logistics and planning models
- Use visualizations to link schedule, the sequence of work, and logistics phasing in the model
- Understand and assist with the project workflows from design, estimation, construction administration and coordination, and fabrication
- Expedite required information and deliverables from consultants, subcontractors, and owners
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Completion of a 2-3 year college program in architectural technology or related technical training in architecture or building structure fields
- 3 years of experience with project coordination using BIM/CAD applications
- Proficient in BIM software programs such as Revit, Navisworks, Dynamo, and Civil3D
- Experience with collaboration and data management solutions such as BIM 360 Model coordination, BIM 360 Design, ReCap, Fuzor, and Power BI is desired.
- Software such as Solibri, Sketch Up, 3D Studio Max, ArchiCAD, Bentley, Digital Project, Tekla, is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills
- Superior knowledge of building science and construction techniques
- Familiarity with the National Building Code of Canada
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this career opportunity, forward your resume, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “BIM/Revit Technician NS200707-01LW” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.