Type: Full-time position
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information, please visit our website at www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Director, Pre-Construction, the Design Build Architect is responsible for supervising a multi-disciplinary design and technical team while overseeing all design and pre-construction production. The Design Build Architect works closely with other departments to develop innovative and creative concepts for design build projects. This opportunity is ideal for an individual with proven leadership experience, keen attention to detail, and has an interest in making an impact on a growing company.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with project teams to develop proposal drawings/renderings are of the highest standards to ensure winning proposals, in the timeframe required.
- Confirm building code analysis and energy code analysis are performed.
- Ensure design professionals are engaged and design meetings are held on a timely basis.
- Ensure design standards are being communicated and followed; maintain standards with a strong attention to detail.
- Manage department employees, including but not limited to: performance management, onboarding new employees, facilitating new employee training, coaching and mentorship.
- Ability to write, or assist with the writing of effective proposals, while properly describing the proposed structure/architecture.
- Serving as the designer of record, develop construction drawings and specifications for all project phases.
- Contribute to all corresponding bids and construction phase activities providing technical expertise for project team.
- Provide technical expertise for project teams.
- Responsible for site data collection, conceptual through final design, construction observation, writing proposals, assistance with specification writing, and conducting Building Condition Assessment studies.
- Confirm the required construction documentation required for projects; coordinate project teams’ efforts to produce such documentation.
- Lead and participate in the development of design alternatives, using a multitude of media, including: hand-drawing, computer visualization, and physical models.
- Client Relationship Management.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Eng. Registration with Engineers NS or Licensed Architect with N.S.A.A or comparable licensing body in Atlantic provinces.
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in an architectural or engineering firm.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams and technical staff.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, among other imaging software.
- Detailed knowledge of all phases of architectural and engineering practice within the residential industry.
- Design experience.
- Ability to provide technical advice, guidance, and direction to clients and project teams.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Design experience, including building code analyses, building energy code analyses, schematic design, development of construction documents with a technical team, construction administration, observation, and costing
- LEED AP designation
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your résumé and cover letter, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Design Build Architect 181031CB in the subject line of your email. Please carefully outline how your experience and background meet the requirements of this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.