Position: Desktop Analyst
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, & building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 & have earned a reputation for performance and quality work.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered & has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information, please visit our website at: www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Director, Information Services, the Desktop Analyst is the first responder for resolving issues related to desktop systems and applications and escalates issues to other members on the Information Services department as needed. The Desktop Analyst also monitors the Information Services ticket queue and ensures prompt and effective customer service to internal clients.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Deliver exceptional customer service via MS Teams, telephone, email, and in-person
- Manage priorities by understanding business operations and departments
- Drive consistency by continually updating and following checklists and documenting knowledgebase articles
- Manage the configuration, delivery, and on-going support of PC and peripherals, network printers, mobile devices (iOS devices), and VoIP phone sets
- Troubleshoot and maintain video and audio conference equipment
- Manage all IT-related inventory, including laptops, tablets, monitors, cell phones, etc.
- Provide an Information Services orientation to new hires
- Troubleshoot complex desktop issues and know when to escalate
- Manage client patch management and device maintenance processes
- Participate in implementing new applications and software/hardware solutions
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Post-secondary education in an Information Systems discipline
- Experience with Windows 10 and Office 365
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, VPN, Remote Desktop Services, Print Management, File Servers, WSUS, and WDS with MDT
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2 is preferred
- Knowledge of the Construction industry is preferred
All applications are strictly confidential.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Desktop Analyst NS220113LW” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.