Build the Future with us!
We build relationships. We build Communities. We build the Future. At Lindsay Construction, we have been growing the communities of Atlantic Canada for over 60 years and we want you to join us! Be part of something great and feel the impact you make on the community you live in.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Director of Business Development is a strong relationship builder with a track record of earning trust and credibility within an organization and externally. They will design, lead, and implement the business development strategy in collaboration with strategic finance, marketing, pre-construction, and other internal team members. They have extensive knowledge of current market and industry conditions and trends, identify opportunities, prepare and present services to new and existing clients, and create, negotiate, and close agreements.
The Director of Business Development understands the bigger picture and works in the company’s best interest, including being engaged in corporate initiatives. Lindsay Construction takes pride in its employee culture and brand within communities. The Director of Business Development represents the company professionally and conveys its values in all interactions. They are a strong people leader who coaches, motivates, and supports others in achieving their performance and development goals.
They bring business acumen to the role and leverage their analytical abilities to problem-solve and make sound decisions based on a deep understanding of financial reports, budgeting, and forecasting. They are equally experienced at building business opportunities and adept at sharing and generating meaningful information and insights. The role requires an individual with an outstanding track record of maintaining natural and positive working relationships with colleagues, partners, governments, and construction and real estate industry stakeholders.
Here’s why we think you’ll love working at Lindsay:
- Flexible working hours throughout the year (early “Lindsay Fridays”)
- Competitive salary
- Annual Incentive Plan
- Employee Health Benefits
- Group RRSP with 4% matching
- On-site gym facilities and a personal health and wellness reimbursement
- Frequent social and community-based events
- Opportunities to collaborate closely with senior personnel and other departments
Here’s what your day-to-day looks like:
- Lead business development activities aligned with Lindsay’s growth strategy, including identifying and pursuing a robust multi-year pipeline of construction opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to strengthen Lindsay’s profile and reputation as the most trusted construction partner across all Atlantic Canadian markets.
- Provide advice and guidance to the CEO to maximize growth opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Maintain and develop a strong network of contacts throughout the industry; develop the appropriate business relationships with real estate, development, government, and private sector/owners.
- Prepare and present Lindsay’s capabilities to new clients and collaborate with regional colleagues to negotiate and close contracts.
- Encourage a spirit of collaboration across the company and demonstrate enthusiasm for growth and new relationships and contracts.
- Proactively monitor the market and share knowledge with the management team and employees to assess relevance to Lindsay.
- Primary brand ambassador for Lindsay with external audiences, overseeing marketing and communication activities and participation in construction and real estate industry activities.
Our ideal candidate has the following:
- A minimum of five years of sales or business development management experience with a demonstrated track record of leading revenue-generating and relationship-building activities within a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Business or related university degree.
- Business acumen.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong reputation for integrity, trust, and lasting relationships and partnerships.
- Superior interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strategic and opportunistic mindset.
- Demonstration of leadership presence and confidence.
- General construction and/or real estate development knowledge is an asset.
- Ability to travel frequently, primarily within Atlantic Canada.
How to Apply:
Please use the link provided to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.