Position: Document Control Administrative Coordinator
Location: Sydney, NS
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work. Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information, please visit our website at www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Document Control Administrative Coordinator will provide administrative support to regional operations and may assist with project finance controls. This role is focused on continuously improving improve operational efficiencies in all aspects of project delivery.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
General Office Administration
- Serve as the face of the organization to greet visitors, answer telephones, and accept/arrange deliveries
- Make hotel reservations and maintain hotel relationships
- Maintain corporate memberships
- Coordinate duty/customs requirements
- Coordinate and ensure payment of project team travel
- Obtain and file permits
- Clean and maintain office document centers and coordinate stationery supplies
- Enter subcontract information into financial software
- Assemble documents and distribute them to external trades and clients
- Monitor status and report receipt of Sub Contractor Compliance documents
- Assemble, distribute, and track Client Prime Contracts
- Manage Contract Tracker
- Work with the operations and central purchasing representatives to facilitate standardized purchasing procedures
- Initiate new projects in ProjectSight and assist project teams with overflow document control
- Ensure project teams follow requirements for start-up and closeout related meetings including but not limited to handover/project start and post-mortem
- Complete project start-up activities including but not limited to:
- Coordinate with estimating representative to ensure all estimate file information is organized and saved appropriately prior to Project File set-up and handover
- Print handover binders for project teams if requested
- Set up the project file if requested
- Complete project closeout activities including but not limited to:
- Help gather submittals, drawings, warranties, and maintenance information for assembly of Operation and Maintenance Manuals
- Ensure timely execution, assembly, and tracking of manual production.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
Related technical diploma or relevant experience
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with computers, particularly in Office 365, Microsoft Project, Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, verbally and in writing
- Ability to guide and coordinate multiple projects
- Able to effectively integrate in-house resources (estimating, clerical, marketing, etc.) into assigned projects in a cooperative and teamwork fashion and to the best advantage of the company
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, construction specifications, estimates, job cost reports, and legal documents
- Analytical and research skills
- Ability to handle a heavy workload, multitask, and prioritize
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills
- Experience working in the construction industry is an asset
- Experience with Jonas and ProjectSight is an asset
- Experience with CRM programs is an asset
- Successful applicants for this role must meet requirements for Canadian Government Security clearance
How to Apply:
- Step 1 - forward your resume, in confidence, to email@example.com. Please reference “Document Control Administrative Coordinator CB200708LW” in the subject line of your email.
- Step 2 - Answer the role-related questions at this link: Document Control Administrative Coordinator – Sydney.
If the link above does not work, copy and paste this address into your browser to answer the questions: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=daItORnqwkCfLTgMHLK2VFLEICxGXMJPjNDsHbvFTmFUNU0zUlVYRjM2MjFFTU04R0lST0ZTOFQ3RiQlQCN0PWcu
We kindly request all individuals interested in this opportunity to follow the application process as outlined above; those who choose not to complete these steps risk not being considered for the role.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.