Type: Full time position
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information, please visit our website at www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Director, Estimating or the Director, Service Work, the Estimator is responsible to provide quantity estimating support to Senior Estimators.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform quantity takeoffs
- Provide support for bonding and insurance document requirements
- Assist Senior Estimators during tender closing
- Attend project and/or design meetings with Senior Estimator and assist with meeting minutes
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- College degree or certificate in Construction Management Technology or Architectural Engineering Technology
- Experience working with computers (proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs
- General knowledge of construction techniques and sequences
- Ability to read and understand construction documents (e.g., tender drawings, tender specifications)
- Aptitude to perform basic math skills to calculate unit, area, and volume conversions
- Capable to work independently
- Ability to follow directions and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build positive working relationships and effectively communicate with internal and external clients
- Past experience working as An Estimator is an asset
How to Apply:
- Step 1 - Forward your resume and cover letter, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Estimator NS200910LW-1.2” in the subject line of your email.
- Step 2 - Answer the role-related questions at this link: Estimator (5-10 minute time commitment).
If the link above does not work, copy and paste this address into your browser to answer the questions: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=daItORnqwkCfLTgMHLK2VFLEICxGXMJPjNDsHbvFTmFUMThFWE8yTFVKSE1ZQjVWTjc2WktPWVgzUyQlQCN0PWcu
We kindly request all individuals interested in this opportunity to follow the application process as outlined above; those who choose not to complete these steps risk not being considered for the role.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.