Location: Dartmouth, NS
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information please visit our website at www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Chief Estimator, this position is responsible to prepare and coordinate the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, design-build, or general tender for a variety of projects.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interpret documentation, specifications, and design drawings to define scope and contents of the estimates
- Review and analyze bid packages from subcontractors
- Assist with negotiations, contract clarifications, consultants, clients, venders and subcontractors
- Maintain large working files as supporting documentation for estimating figures including current, accurate information on prices from venders through exclusive contact, marketing material, pre-existing price lists, etc.
- Ensure knowledge in the field remains current through participation in appropriate training and development activities
- Prepare conceptual budgets based on minimal information
- Analyze alternate means and methods to determine the most economical alternative
- Participate in the transfer of information on successful projects
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Estimator: 3-5 years of relevant experience in the construction industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines for normal functions and special assignments
- Proficiency using MS Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Access)
- Service orientated with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to build positive working relationships with internal and external clients
- Knowledge of a variety of contract arrangements such as Lump Sum, Design Build, Project Management, Construction Management, and Public/Private Partnership
- Experience with AutoCAD is considered an asset
- Designation of GSC, CEC, PQS, or P.Eng. is considered an asset
- Knowledge of the National Building Code of Canada 2010 is considered an asset
All applications are strictly confidential.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your résumé, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Estimator LC191107CB in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.