Build the Future with us!
We build Relationships. We build Communities. We build the Future. At Lindsay Construction, we have been growing the communities of Atlantic Canada for over 60 years and we want you to join us! Be part of something great and feel the impact you make on the community you live in.
Reporting to the Construction Inspector, the Facility Inspector is involved in construction site inspections and quality testing for Lindsay Construction, as well as facility condition inspections of existing buildings for our affiliate company, LMMW Group Ltd. The ideal candidate is proactive, organized, a team player, and possesses a strong eye for detail and quality.
Here’s why we think you’ll love working at Lindsay:
- Flexible working hours throughout the year (early “Lindsay Fridays”)
- Competitive salary
- Annual Incentive Plan
- Employee Health Benefits
- Group RRSP with 4% matching
- On-site gym facilities and a personal health and wellness reimbursement
- Frequent social and community-based events
- Opportunities to collaborate closely with senior personnel and other departments
Here’s what your day-to-day looks like:
- Complete pre-pour concrete inspections for footings, foundation, slabs and tilt-up panels for design-build jobs with reports.
- Complete final roof inspections on Lindsay-built roof systems with reports.
- Floor flatness and levelness testing on all design-built slabs and casting beds.
- Assist with aerial drone operations.
- Review drawings for design build jobs.
- Conduct facility condition assessments of existing buildings and prepare inspection reports.
- Conduct post-construction or post-renovation quality inspections.
- Assist with maintenance/repair work identification and estimating (as directed).
Our ideal candidate has the following:
- CMT, CET, AET or equivalent relevant job experience and training
- Prior experience in a related industry (e.g., construction, facility management, maintenance services, electrical/mechanical).
- Ability to perform basic maintenance/repairs would be considered an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem-solving abilities with a proactive and solutions-oriented mindset.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite of applications and a willingness to learn and use relevant technologies as required in the job (infrared thermography, site inspection software, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.