Position: Intermediate Structural Engineer
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work. Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information, please visit our website at www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the Intermediate Structural Engineer is responsible to work within Lindsay Construction’s Engineering and CAD department, providing design and engineering support for construction projects. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work intimately with our project teams from concept to completion of a wide range of projects and will help to create and shape this role!
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare foundation, structural, and building design drawings and specifications.
- Produce tilt-up panel drawings and associated detailing work.
- Prepare drawings in Revit or AutoCAD.
- Work with the Manager of Engineering to ensure the quality of detailing is consistent with the Company’s standards.
- Participate in field reviews and inspections to assess existing structural and relating building systems.
- Perform Load Rating calculations.
- Selecting appropriate construction materials available onsite to meet design criteria.
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements, and other technical documents and reports.
- Assist with preparing concepts and presentation materials for proposals.
- Collaborate on larger scale project pursuits where external design services are required.
- Participate in establishing project drawing milestone dates.
- Provide feedback to the project lead regarding the ability to maintain the requested schedule.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in engineering practice or similar experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices, and techniques preferred.
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload.
- Excellent analytic, written, and oral communication skills.
- Superior knowledge of building science and construction techniques.
- Familiarity with the National Building Code of Canada.
- Experience with a wide range of illustration and rendering software is an asset.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this career opportunity, forward your resume, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Intermediate Structural Engineer NS210224-02LW” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.