Position: IT Administrative Assistant
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information please visit our website at www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Director, Information Services, the IT Administrative Assistant will provide backup and administrative assistance to both the IT and IS aspects of our department. They will maintain inventory, assist with data entry and integrity, create and maintain end-user documentation, and manage the incident queue.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in all areas of the IT department as needed.
- Order and receive all IT inventory, keeping a current database of all IT property.
- Assist with data entry and integrity.
- Maintain the resource ticket queue and respond to IT issues in a timely manner.
- Coordinate all IT training in relation to both office and onsite staff.
- Prioritize incoming requests as required.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Information Systems Management or equivalent.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize work.
- Proven organization skills and ability to deliver on assigned projects.
- Experience providing a high level of customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
All applications are strictly confidential.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your résumé, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference NS201221AIT in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until Monday, January 11th at 5:00 pm (AST).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.