Build the Future with us!
We build Relationships. We build Communities. We build the Future. At Lindsay Construction, we have been growing the communities of Atlantic Canada for over 60 years and we want you to join us! Be part of something great and feel the impact you make on the community you live in.
Reporting to the Project Manager – Doors, Frames, Hardware, the Millwork/Finish Carpenter will be required to perform all aspects related millwork and finish carpentry on various project sites. This is a unionized position.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Construct and finish cabinetwork and assorted products from rough schematics and blueprints.
- Ability to install doors, entryways, trim, molding, fixtures, wall, and ceiling panels.
- Ability to assemble cabinets, counters, and countertops.
- Ensure excellent fit, finish, and usability.
- Utilize hand and power tools/machines
- Read and follow blueprints
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times, while ensuring the use of proper PPE
- Previous wood framing carpentry experience in a commercial setting considered an asset
- Ability to measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, and other materials
- Ability to lift 50lbs on a continuous basis
- Capable to work in an industrial setting (noisy, uneven surfaces)
- Ability to stand, bend, walk, and kneel frequently
- Reliable transportation
- Comfortable working in a team setting
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be willing to join the Carpenters Union.
- Willingness to travel an asset.
All applications are strictly confidential.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.