Build the Future with us!
We build Relationships. We build Communities. We build the Future. At M&J Rentals, a division of Lindsay Construction, we have been growing the communities of Atlantic Canada for over 60 years and we want you to join us! Be part of something great and feel the impact you make on the community you live in.
Reporting to the Shop Manager, the Shop Administrator is responsible for handling all office and administrative tasks in a busy, fast-paced environment. Along with being the initial point of contact for all clients and visitors, the Shop Administrator is always adapting to the day-to-day operations and assisting the members of the Shop team.
Here’s why we think you’ll love working at Lindsay:
- Competitive salary
- Annual Incentive Plan
- Employee Health Benefits
- Group RRSP with 4% matching
- Frequent social and community-based events
Here’s what your day-to-day looks like:
- Serve as the face of the organization to greet visitors and accept/arrange deliveries.
- Manage all incoming inquiries by either phone or email and respond accordingly.
- Manage the schedule and priorities of the Shop Manager to ensure efficiency of time.
- Enter all Purchase Orders for incoming material orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage all aspects of the internal and external work order process, from start to completion.
- Administer the operational requirements of our vehicle fleet, by ensuring all records remain current and scheduling maintenance in a timely manner.
- Manage the weekly reports for all vehicle operators, including job costing and operator time log entry.
- Interact with Head Office Finance department to ensure all records are accurately recorded.
- Ensure that all records related to vehicles and/or heavy machinery are updated in a timely manner and stored in appropriate locations.
- Coordinate with all branch offices to manage all surveying equipment throughout the organization; kept accurate and detailed records of all equipment and ensure they are stored in appropriate locations.
- Take a proactive approach to record keeping of all permits and licenses for all company equipment; ensure permits are renewed well in advance of expiration.
- Perform daily tasks of an office administration role, which may include ordering office supplies, receiving mail, shipping packages, and assisting other departments with staff functions and employee events.
- Ensure office reception remains clean and tidy, and coordinate any maintenance required for office equipment (printers, coffee maker issues, etc)
Our ideal candidate has the following:
- Post-secondary education in Administration or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in an administrative support role.
- Experience working in a Shop setting considered an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to respond promptly to changing demands to assist in meeting critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and
- Proficient in the general use of computers, particularly with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Willingness and ability to learn new software applications and remain current with software changes.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated.