Build the Future with us!
We build relationships. We build Communities. We build the Future. At Lindsay Construction, we have been growing the communities of Atlantic Canada for over 60 years and we want you to join us! Be part of something great and feel the impact you make on the community you live in.
Reporting to the Director of Pre-Construction, the Pre-Construction Project Manager is responsible for leading the project planning stage prior to the construction phase. They participate in analysis, scheduling, constructability reviews, contract negotiations, and ongoing operations support throughout the project lifecycle. The Pre-Construction Project Manager leads the project handover stage to the operations teams to effectively communicate and support project success.
Here’s why we think you’ll love working at Lindsay:
- Flexible working hours throughout the year (early “Lindsay Fridays”)
- Competitive salary
- Annual Incentive Plan
- Employee Health Benefits
- Group RRSP with 4% matching
- On-site gym facilities and an annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Frequent social and community-based events
- Opportunities to collaborate closely with senior personnel and other departments
Here’s what your day-to-day looks like:
- Actively participates in business development activities by initiating and maintaining positive working relationships with clients, engineers, consultants, subcontractors, vendors, and trade partners.
- Actively involved with the full cycle estimating process while using your attention to detail to provide a comprehensive review of final estimates
- Collaborate on proposals and scope of work for clients to sign off on and the design and construction teams to work from to create successful projects
- Lead needs analysis for technical aspects of the project to ensure all needs are discovered and met in the design-build process
- Responsible to develop the pre-construction schedule and estimate
- Responsible for clear communication of needs and requirements to the design-build team, including consultants and engineers
- Lead the project after sales through design, estimating, and, permitting, and tendering for a complete handover to construction
- Work collaboratively with the team throughout the life of the project
- Maintain client relationships and create repeat and referral business
Our ideal candidate has the following:
- Degree or diploma in business, construction management or architectural technology
- 5+ years of experience in areas of pre-construction and/or estimating
- Design education is an asset
- Creates and maintains valuable relationships with team members and clients
- Entrepreneurial and self-driven
- Firm grasp of numbers and experience in creating proposals that work for both the client and the company
- Works well in a collaborative team environment, while also able to work autonomously
- Class five driver’s license and able to drive to client meetings and complete site visits
How to Apply:
Please use the link provided to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.