Position: Procurement Administrator
Type: Full time position
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information, please visit our website at www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
We are hiring the newly created role of Procurement Administrator. This role is responsible for identifying suppliers, researching goods and services, and processing purchase orders in support of operations in a fast paced, tight timeline atmosphere. The Procurement Administrator is challenged to make the best purchasing decision based on approved suppliers, location, and lead time.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare, review, and issue purchase orders based on specifications and company procedures.
- Verify item pricing from supplier pricing lists.
- Send Requests for Quotation to suppliers for pricing on incoming sourcing requests from operations/service.
- Fill orders from incoming requisitions to replenish the stock in containers.
- Work with operations in adding or removing items requested in consumables containers.
- Verify pricing on purchase orders
- Maintain a current Lindsay Construction Buyers List
- Convey buyers list updates to approved suppliers
- Support other purchasing related activities as needed
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Proficient in using Microsoft office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Thorough understanding of the construction procurement process
- Solid knowledge in the fundamentals of the purchasing life cycle Knowledge, and of current legislation and regulations within Atlantic Canada
- Solid organizational skills, solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high demand environment
- Ability to work well with a team
- High School Diploma/GED
- Successful applicants for this role must meet requirements for Canadian Government Security clearance
- Understanding of supply chain management procure to pay process
- Previous Jonas Construction Software experience
- Supply chain background
- 1 to 3 years experience in construction procurement
How to Apply:
Please do not use the Apply Now button on Career Beacon. Please follow the steps below:
- Step 1 - Forward your resume and cover letter, in confidence, to email@example.com; and reference “Procurement Administrator NS210727” in the subject line of your email.
- Step 2 - Answer the role-related questions at this link: Procurement Administrator (5-10 minute time commitment).
If the link above does not work, copy and paste this address into your browser to answer the questions: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=daItORnqwkCfLTgMHLK2VFLEICxGXMJPjNDsHbvFTmFUNEJNNFE3VVExMEcxMUYwUjI4RUowV1BTTCQlQCN0PWcu
We kindly request all individuals interested in this opportunity to follow the application process as outlined above; those who choose not to complete these steps risk not being considered for the role.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.