Position: Project Administrator, Special Projects
Status: Permanent, full time
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction and related services throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a solid reputation for quality work, integrity, innovation and supporting our communities.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and is recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member. For more information please visit our website at www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Director, Special Projects and the Director, Service Work. The Project Administrator, Special Projects is responsible for providing administrative support to both the Lindsay360 and Service Work teams. The Project Administrator, Special Projects will play a critical role in providing responsive customer service to our external clients, as well as to our internal teams across Atlantic Canada.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receive and respond to calls in a timely manner, triage by issue and response priority as required.
- Create work orders and dispatch service tickets to appropriate internal project manager or external service provider/subcontractor, as appropriate.
- Organize and maintain a database of contract clients, warranties, inspection schedules and work orders.
- Schedule preventative maintenance appointments, inspections, and service appointments.
- Liaise with subcontractors, maintaining an up-to-date contact list across the Regions.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date record logs. This includes, but is not limited to project drawings, vendor/subcontractor lists, Requests for Information (RFI), Contemplated Change Notices (CCN’s), Change Orders (CO’s), site directives, etc. Track and record responses through Jonas and Prolog, then advise the appropriate project team members.
- Preparation and distribution of documentation to subcontractors, clients and architects as required (shop drawings, change orders, requests for pricing, request for information, quotations, etc.).
- Prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- Create and maintain project files.
- Assist with preparation and distribution of monthly reports as required.
- Correspond with clients and subcontractors via phone and email in a timely, organized manner.
- Archive project binders, drawings, and relevant documents for completed and closed jobs.
- Help maintain project drawings for the project team.
- Coordinate submittals and gather all close out documents, including record drawings, and warranties for Operating and Maintenance Manual.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Related diploma or relevant work experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and willingness to learn new programs and processes
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated organization, time management, and scheduling skills
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Experience with administration of construction or service-related projects considered an asset
All applications are strictly confidential.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your résumé, in confidence, to email@example.com and reference NS200212CB in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.