Position: Project Coordinator
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information, please visit our website at: www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Director of Service Work, the Project Coordinator is responsible for technical and clerical duties and coordinating activities with superintendents, clients, consultants and subcontractors. The Project Coordinator is also responsible for document control and information flow. Working cooperatively with project managers and superintendents, the Project Coordinator will plan, direct, monitor, and control the on-site activities of Lindsay Construction labour, subcontractors, and suppliers to achieve the fundamental project objectives.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare tenders and coordinate activities to ensure efficient Jobsite operations
- Plan ahead to foresee problems, arrange work, and procure materials well enough in advance to avoid schedule delays and rush orders
- Formulate, develop, and implement methods to achieve or improve on budgeted hours and due dates
- Assist with estimating duties as required
- Ensure the latest revision of construction documents are in use by Lindsay Construction forces and subcontractors
- Establish project schedule and attend site meetings
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline
- Successful completion of C.E.T. or C.A.T. training
- Excellent computer skills including AutoCAD & Microsoft programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Strong organizational, decision making, and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with Project Managers and Superintendents
- Reliable vehicle with valid registration, insurance, and driver’s license
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the local market is considered an asset
- Successful applicants for this role must meet requirements for Canadian Government Security clearance
All applications are strictly confidential.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Project Coordinator NS211027LW” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.