Position: Project Coordinator, Formwork
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information, please visit our website at www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Formwork Manager the Project Coordinator, Formwork is responsible for technical and project support, providing coordination with Project Managers, Site Superintendents, and Clients; as well as, document control and information flow.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare formwork designs and cost estimates to assist in the estimating department with bid proposals
- Provide operations support in the following areas: conducting planning and start-up formwork meetings, transferring formwork bid information to the foremen, and effectively assessing project progress and safety status
- Track costs and provide labour tracking information
- Assist with bidding work under the direction of the Formwork Manager or Chief Estimator; solicit formwork system quotes and ensure pricing is received
- Assist with maintaining project schedule using Microsoft Project, under the supervision and approval of the Formwork Manager
- Provide on-site technical support as required
- Assisting the Formwork Manager with cost control by determining completed quantities on site
- Facilitate proper communication between foremen and managers, field and office staff.
- Record and prepare minutes for all project related meetings and distribute, when required
- Arrange and attend project and client meetings as required
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Completion of Post-Secondary education in an engineering related field (B. Eng) or similar education.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with computers, particularly in AutoCAD, Excel, Word, Jonas, Prolog and Microsoft Project
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, and members of the business community
- Knowledge of construction techniques, specifically formwork, quantity surveying, surveying and layout
- Ability to read, analyze, prepare, and interpret engineering drawings, shop drawings, construction specifications, estimates, job cost reports and contract documents
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to guide and coordinate multiple projects
- Able to effectively integrate in-house resources (estimating, clerical, marketing, etc.) into assigned projects in a cooperative and teamwork fashion and to the best advantage of the company
- Recognized analytical and research skills
- Ability to handle a heavy workload, multitask and prioritize
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills
- Experiencing working with formwork or related concrete industry
- Must have own vehicle and valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driving record
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your résumé and cover letter, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Project Coordinator Formwork NS190401CB” in the subject line of your email. Please carefully outline how your experience and background meet the requirements of this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.