Position: Project Engineer / Project Coordinator
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information, please visit our website at: www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Regional Director, NS, the Project Engineer / Project Coordinator is responsible for technical and administrative duties, providing coordination with Site Superintendents, Clients, Consultants and Subcontractors; as well as, document control and information flow. Working cooperatively with Project Managers and Site Superintendents, the Project Engineer / Project Coordinator will help to plan, direct, monitor, and control the on-site activities of Lindsay labour, Subcontractors, and Suppliers in order to achieve the fundamental project objectives.
This role is perfect for a new engineering grad who is looking to learn the ropes and build a career with a growing company.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparing tenders and coordinating activities to ensure efficient jobsite operations
- Plan ahead to foresee problems, arrange work, and procure materials in advance to avoid schedule delays and rush orders
- Formulate, develop, and implement methods to achieve or improve on budgeted hours and due dates
- Ensure the latest revision of construction documents are in use by Lindsay forces and Subcontractors
- Establish project schedule and attend site meetings
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Completion of post-secondary education in a relevant discipline such as Engineering or Construction Management
- 1 - 2 years of related professional experience
- Excellent computer skills including AutoCAD & Microsoft programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Strong organizational, decision making, and time management skills
- Reliable vehicle with valid registration, insurance, and driver’s licence
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
All applications are strictly confidential.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume, in confidence, to email@example.com and reference “PC/PE NS210825” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.