Position: Project Engineer / Project Coordinator — Formwork
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information, please visit our website at: www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Regional Director, NS, the Project Engineer / Project Coordinator - Formwork is responsible for technical and administrative duties, providing coordination with Site Superintendents, Clients, Consultants and Subcontractors; as well as, document control and information flow. Working cooperatively with Project Managers and Site Superintendents, the Project Engineer / Project Coordinator Formwork will help to plan, direct, monitor, and control the on-site activities of Lindsay labour, Subcontractors, and Suppliers in order to achieve the fundamental project objectives.
This role is perfect for a new engineering grad who is looking to learn the ropes and build a career with a growing company.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Complete pre-pour inspection and check layout.
- Prepare formwork designs and cost estimates to assist the estimating department with bid proposals.
- Provide operations support in the following areas: conduct planning and start-up formwork meetings, transferring formwork bid information to the foremen, and effectively assessing project progress and safety status.
- Prepare formwork system shop drawings and designs for review, approval, and engineer seal in accordance with established codes, standards, and drawings in the areas of steel, concrete, timber, and formwork; order formwork materials.
- Provide on site technical support as required.
- Assisting the Formwork Manager with cost control by determining completed quantities on site.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Completion of post-secondary education in a relevant discipline such as Engineering or Construction Management
- 1 - 2 years of related professional experience
- Previous experience working with formwork considered an asset
- Excellent computer skills including AutoCAD & Microsoft programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Strong organizational, decision making, and time management skills
- Reliable vehicle with valid registration, insurance, and driver’s licence
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
All applications are strictly confidential.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “PC/PE Formwork NS210409LW” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.