Position: Project Engineer / Project Coordinator
Location: Multiple Locations: Trenton, Nova Scotia; Sydney, Nova Scotia; Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work. Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information, please visit our website at www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Project Engineer / Project Coordinator is responsible for technical and clerical duties and coordinating activities with superintendents, clients, consultants and subcontractors. The Project Engineer / Project Coordinator is also responsible for document control and information flow. Working cooperatively with project managers and superintendents, the Project Engineer / Project Coordinator will plan, direct, monitor, and control the on-site activities of Lindsay Construction labour, subcontractors, and suppliers to achieve the fundamental project objectives.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare tenders and coordinate activities to ensure efficient job site operations
- Plan ahead to foresee problems, arrange work, and procure materials well enough in advance to avoid schedule delays and rush orders
- Formulate, develop, and implement methods to achieve or improve on budgeted hours and due dates
- Assist with estimating duties as required
- Ensure the latest revision of construction documents are in use by Lindsay Construction forces and subcontractors
- Establish project schedule and attend site meetings
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline
- Successful completion of C.E.T. or C.A.T. training
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Strong organizational, decision making, and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with project managers and superintendents
- Reliable vehicle with valid registration, insurance, and driver’s licence
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the local regional market is considered an asset
- Successful applicants for this role must meet requirements for Canadian Government Security clearance
How to Apply:
- Step 1 - Forward your resume and cover letter, in confidence, to email@example.com and reference “Project Coordinator / Project Engineer ML200709-02LW” in the subject line of your email.
- Step 2 - Answer the role-related questions at this link: Project Coordinator / Project Engineer (5-10 minute time commitment).
If the link above does not work, copy and paste this address into your browser to answer the questions: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=daItORnqwkCfLTgMHLK2VFLEICxGXMJPjNDsHbvFTmFUNk5TSTBVUDRRTFBPTDQzSVlaQkdKMVJESiQlQCN0PWcu
We kindly request all individuals interested in this opportunity to follow the application process as outlined above; those who choose not to complete these steps risk not being considered for the role.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.