Position: Proposal Coordinator
Status: 13-month contract
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information please visit our website at www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Director, Pre-Construction, the Proposal Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination of the proposal process for the regional offices throughout Atlantic Canada. The Proposal Coordinator collaborates with the Pre-Construction and Estimating departments to plan, create, develop, and complete the proposal process. The Proposal Coordinator is an integral part of the Pre-Construction team, ensuring the Lindsay Construction brand is clearly identified in every proposal.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate and prepare proposals for regional offices throughout Atlantic Canada
- Maintain an up to date master schedule of proposal deadlines and milestones
- Review submission requests, identify client needs, develop proposal structure and content, and take an active role to ensure document compliance
- Complete research on client backgrounds to support the initial stages of the proposal process
- Assist with the development of a proposal strategy for each individual proposal, ensuring compliance with the client and organizational requirements
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, and subject matter experts to ensure that the proposal process is all encompassing
- Plan and undertake technical proposals throughout all stages of the process, including team strategy, start-up meetings, review, final submission, and follow up
- Participate in lay out, writing and editing of documents by making sure all mandatory requirements are included in the response
- Proofread, edit and rewrite text to ensure a high quality and error free submissions are continuously produced
- Assist in the development of visual communications and graphics, including the procurement and selection of images for proposals
- Coordinate activities and assignments surrounding the production of proposals including review and control of quality, consistency, printing, and delivery
- Identifies and highlights client interview requirements, develops and coordinates required presentation resources
- Participate in ongoing maintenance of proposal elements including personnel resumes and project experience
- Participate in proposal debriefs, including tracking proposal efforts, outcomes, and lessons learned that can be applied on future submissions
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combinations of education and relevant experience will be considered
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing, editing, and formatting
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) including interpersonal and teamwork abilities in a complex and changing environment
- Experience filtering group communication into one response, specifically in situations where multiple collaborators are required
- Time management skills, including the ability to shift priorities under multiple deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
The following will be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of graphic design software, including InDesign
- Experience with, or an understanding of, the commercial construction process and terminology
All applications are strictly confidential.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your résumé, in confidence, to email@example.com and reference Proposal Coordinator NS200213CB in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.