Position: Proposal Specialist
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information please visit our website at www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Director, Pre-Construction, this position is responsible for coordinating the proposal process for 5 regional offices throughout Atlantic Canada. The Proposal Specialist collaborates with the Pre-Construction and Estimating teams to plan, create, develop, and complete the proposal process. The Proposal Specialist is an integral part of the Pre-Construction team and is critical to ensuring the Lindsay Construction brand is clearly and positively represented in every proposal.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate and prepare proposals for regional offices throughout Atlantic Canada
- Manage and monitor the master schedule of proposal deadlines and milestones
- Review submission/request for proposal request, identify client needs, develop proposal structure and content, and ensure document complies to requirements.
- Research client backgrounds to support the initial stages of the proposal process
- Contribute to developing a proposal strategy for each proposal, ensuring compliance with client and organizational requirements
- Plan and manage technical proposals throughout all stages of the process, including team strategy, start-up meetings, review, final submission, and follow up
- Participate in layout, writing, and editing of documents by making sure all mandatory requirements are included in the response
- Proofread, edit, and rewrite text to assure high quality and error-free submissions are always produced
- Develop visual communications and graphics, including procuring and selecting images for proposals
- Coordinate activities and assignments surrounding proposal production, including review and control of quality, consistency, printing, and delivery
- Identify and highlight client interview requirements, and manage development and coordination of required presentation resources
- Participate in the ongoing maintenance of proposal elements including personnel resumes and project experience
- Participate in proposal debriefs, including tracking proposal efforts, outcomes, and lessons learned that can be applied on future submissions
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combinations of education and relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing, editing, and formatting
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a team
- Ability to manage multiple expectations and demands in a complex and changing environment
- Experience filtering group communication into one response, specifically in situations where multiple collaborators are required
- Time management skills, including the ability to shift priorities under multiple deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of graphic design software, including InDesign
- Experience with, or an understanding of, the commercial construction process and terminology
All applications are strictly confidential.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your résumé, in confidence, to email@example.com and reference Proposal Specialist NS200520LW in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.