Position: Senior System Administrator
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information please visit our website at www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Director, Information Services, The Senior System Administrator’s manages and tunes in-house computer software systems and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This role supports the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Mentor IS/IT staff
- Provide input on IS/IT initiatives, projects and operations
- Ensure IS processes and operations are effective and efficient
- Provide input on design of systems, policies, and procedures
- Manage implementation and maintenance of all systems and network infrastructure, including; telephony and wireless access
- Identification of problematic areas and implementation of their strategic solutions
- Preserve assets and information security
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Provide customer service to internal and external stakeholders
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in Information Systems Management or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience in change management
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines, multi-task, and manage several projects
- Strong ability to mentor, build relationships and have difficult conversations
- Experience providing a high level of customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively; verbally and in writing
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with enterprise systems implementation
- Experience with IT infrastructure strategic planning and development
- In-depth knowledge of network and Windows operating systems and PC hardware
- Knowledge and understanding of enterprise architecture and business processes
- Experience with Cisco networks and appliances
All applications are strictly confidential.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your résumé, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference NS200224CB in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until Monday, March 9th at 5:00pm (AST).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.