Location: Nova Scotia
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information please visit our website at www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
We have a need for a Superintendent for projects throughout the province of Nova Scotia. Reporting to the Director, Construction, and collaborating with the Project Managers, Project Coordinators, and all members of the Project Team, the Superintendent is responsible for organizing, coordinating, and monitoring all worksite functions and activities necessary to achieve the fundamental project objectives.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate all aspects of the project that are assigned by the Project Manager
- Plan ahead to foresee problems, arrange work, and procure materials well enough in advance to avoid schedule delays and rush orders
- Maintain an accurate and complete daily log of activities on job sites and provide completed logs to the Project Manager at the completion of each project
- Meet regularly with any assigned personnel to ensure proper information flow and adherence to due dates, budgeted hours, and costs
- Direct the work of other project employees as assigned, for the purpose of completing scheduled work assignments
- Ensure compliance to all occupational health and safety, and housekeeping items
The Ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 5 years in a supervisory role of medium sized commercial construction projects
- Ability to coordinate on-site operations including interpretation and implementation of drawings and specifications
- Ability to work with own forces and subcontractors
- Adept at scheduling, budget control, and proper detailing
- Familiar with industrial, institutional, and commercial construction including design-build, construction management, and general contracting
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Experience with design-build, tilt-up, and wood framing is an asset
- Journeyman’s classification in a skilled trade is an asset
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume, in confidence, to email@example.com and reference Superintendent NS200226CB in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.