Position— Wood Framing Carpenter
Location— Halifax Regional Municipality
Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! For more information please visit our website at www.jwlindsay.ca.
The Wood Framing Carpenter is required to construct and repair building frameworks and structures.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform formwork carpentry construction as assigned
- Utilize hand and power tools/machines
- Read and follow blueprints
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times
- Previous wood framing carpentry experience in a commercial setting considered an asset
- Ability to measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, and other materials
- Ability to lift 50lbs on a continuous basis
- Capable to work in an industrial setting (noisy, uneven surfaces)
- Ability to stand, bend, walk, and kneel frequently
- Reliable transportation
- Comfortable working in a team setting
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be willing to join the Carpenters Union.
- Willingness to travel an asset.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume, in confidence, to email@example.com. Please reference Wood Framing Carpenter in the subject line of your email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.