Build the Future with us!
We build Relationships. We build Communities. We build the Future. At Lindsay Construction, we have been growing the communities of Atlantic Canada for over 60 years and we want you to join us! Be part of something great and feel the impact you make on the community you live in.
We have a need for a Working Foreman - Roofing for projects throughout the province of Nova Scotia. Reporting to the Director, Service Work and collaborating with Project Managers, Project Coordinators, and other team members, the Roofing Foreman is responsible for organizing, coordinating, and monitoring all worksite functions and activities necessary to achieve the fundamental project objectives. This is a unionized position.
Here’s what your day-to-day looks like:
- Responsible for the supervision of crew members, ensuring quality and productivity throughout the installation.
- Conventional 4-ply (built-up roofing) systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel.
- Single-ply roofing systems, using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics or asphalt compositions.
- Plan ahead to foresee problems, arrange work, and procure materials well enough in advance to avoid schedule delays and rush orders.
- Maintain an accurate and reasonably complete daily log of site activities including photos, using Lindsay Construction’s project management software.
- Meet regularly with any assigned personnel to ensure proper information flow and adherence to due dates, budgeted hours, and costs.
- Ensure compliance with all occupational health and safety, and housekeeping items.
Our ideal candidate has the following:
- Minimum 5 years of commercial roofing experience, preferably within a supervisory role.
- Experience working with Carlisle Roofing System is considered an asset.
- Ability to coordinate on-site operations and lead a crew.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Focused on quality and productivity.
- Familiar with industrial, institutional, and commercial construction.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Journeyman’s classification in a skilled trade is an asset.
- This is a unionized position.
How to Apply:
Please use the link provided to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.