Position: Office Administrator
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Reporting to the Human Resources Operations Manager, the Office Administrator serves as the office receptionist/front desk representative and provides a warm and professional first impression and presence in the reception area to internal and external stakeholders. The Office Administrator also supports project and office team members with a variety of administrative tasks.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as the face of the organization to greet visitors, answer telephones, and accept/arrange deliveries
- Assist with general inquiries; direct visitors to appropriate location (e.g., office, boardroom, and other office areas/rooms); provide coffee, tea, and water as requested
- Manage incoming and outgoing telephone calls, including coverage for other offices
- Maintain a clean, tidy front reception and coffee area
- Book travel and accommodations
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment (e.g., verify printers are stocked with paper and toner, troubleshoot problems, communicate with IT or repair service providers as necessary)
- Assist with office IT related support (helping with attachments, connecting remotely, conference call set up, video conference call set up, etc.)
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing mail (e.g., sort and distribute incoming mail, prepare packages for courier or mail)
- Create and maintain electronic and paper files of reports and job site documents
- Prepare and distribute meeting minutes
- Create and maintain project files
- Assist Contract Administration Coordinators in overflow workload
- Prepare and assemble Operation and Maintenance manuals
- Maintain incoming and outgoing job site documents and facilitate job related correspondences as required by project teams.
- Assist project teams (e.g., collection, reproduction, distribution, control, and filing of job documents)
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Post-secondary education in Administration or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience in an administrative support role
- General knowledge of standard office procedures
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to respond promptly to changing demands to assist in meeting critical deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Proficient in the general use of computers, particularly with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Willingness and ability to learn new software applications and remain current with software changes
- Ability to work productively on several projects at once while coping with frequent interruptions
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from internal and external stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Professionalism, maturity, and judgment and maintaining a professional business appearance
- Willingness to learn new things
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Successful applicants for this role must meet requirements for Canadian Government Security clearance
All applications are strictly confidential.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume, in confidence, to email@example.com and reference “Office Administrator NS220706CB” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.