Build the Future with us!
We build relationships. We build Communities. We build the Future. At Lindsay Construction, we have been growing the communities of Atlantic Canada for over 60 years and we want you to join us! Be part of something great and feel the impact you make on the community you live in.
Reporting to the Regional Director, NS, the Project Engineer / Project Coordinator is responsible for technical and administrative duties, providing coordination with Site Superintendents, Clients, Consultants and Subcontractors; as well as, document control and information flow. Working cooperatively with Project Managers and Site Superintendents, the Project Engineer / Project Coordinator will help to plan, direct, monitor, and control the on-site activities of Lindsay labour, Subcontractors, and Suppliers in order to achieve the fundamental project objectives.
This role is perfect for a new engineering grad who is looking to learn the ropes and build a career with a growing company.
Here’s why we think you’ll love working at Lindsay:
- Flexible working hours throughout the year (early “Lindsay Fridays”)
- Competitive salary
- Annual Incentive Plan
- Employee Health Benefits
- Group RRSP with 4% matching
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Frequent social and community-based events
- Opportunities to collaborate closely with senior personnel and other departments
Here’s what your day-to-day looks like:
- Preparing tenders and coordinating activities to ensure efficient jobsite operations
- Plan ahead to foresee problems, arrange work, and procure materials in advance to avoid schedule delays and rush orders
- Formulate, develop, and implement methods to achieve or improve on budgeted hours and due dates
- Ensure the latest revision of construction documents are in use by Lindsay forces and Subcontractors
- Establish project schedule and attend site meetings
Our ideal candidate has the following:
- Completion of post-secondary education in a relevant discipline such as Engineering or Construction Management
- 1 - 2 years of related professional experience
- Excellent computer skills including AutoCAD & Microsoft programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Strong organizational, decision making, and time management skills
- Reliable vehicle with valid registration, insurance, and driver’s licence
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
All applications are strictly confidential.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.